This week’s 10 most read channel and MSP news stories, columns, blogs, editorials and research involved:
10. IBM Acquires Turbonomic: The deal may help MSPs, partners & customers to improve application & network performance management. This is part of a larger IBM M&A strategy to transform the technology company.
9. Big Tech Antitrust Investigations: The latest worldwide antitrust developments that may involve Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Google and others.
8. Thoma Bravo Acquires Proofpoint: The private equity firm continues to acquire cybersecurity software and technology businesses. Additional Thoma Bravo investments include Barracuda Networks and Sophos, among many other firms.
7. Technology and MSP M&A List: ChannelE2E has tracked more than 240 mergers and acquisitions involving MSPs, IT consulting firms and technology companies so far in 2021.
8. Technology SPACs List: Nearly 90 Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs) are seeking to acquire and/or merge with technology businesses. Still, pace of newly formed technology SPACs appears to be slowing amid potential SEC concerns.
5. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs – 2021 Edition: The new list and the associated research reveal the top MSPs in healthcare, financial services, legal, education, government and more.
4. AWS Storage Alternative Wasabi Raises $112 Million: Wasabi Founder and CEO David Friend, who previously led Carbonite, vows to invest in channel partner, MSP & distribution expansion.
3. SolarWinds Orion Breach & Cyberattack Timeline: A detailed, day-to-day look at how the SolarWinds Orion breach happened, corrective measures and the ongoing investigation.
2. SBA PPP Loan Application Deadline & Updates: Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) funds from the Small Business Administration could dry up before the lending program ends in May. ChannelE2E’s ongoing PPPP updates continue.